Anyway, with all this talk about spring being around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to let y'all in on a few skincare and haircare products I've been using as part of my daily routine.
1. Rodan + Fields Redefine Daily Cleansing Mask - I have never used a product that I could visibly see results within the first few days of using it - and I could certainly see results with this one! It's a bit on the pricier side, but I will say it is hands down worth the splurge. I've been lucky in the skin department and rarely get a blemish, but as I've gotten older I've noticed my pores getting a tiny bit more visible. After only using this cleanser a little over a week, my skin is touchably softer and I can see that my pores are smaller. Don't go back and forth about buying it - JUST DO IT.
2. eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm - Several friends of mine had been raving over this lip balm and I finally gave in and bought some. Ladies, this lip balm is perfection. It's not super heavy, leaves my lips silky smooth and lasts forever. My favorite so far is the Strawberry Sorbet flavor!
3. Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother - Praise God for this hair product! I honestly don't know what I did before I found this stuff. My hair is naturally curly, thick and coarse. It makes my hair ridiculously manageable, tames fly-aways and has seemed to keep my hair a bit healthier. I use two pumps of product, apply when my hair is still wet and brush through. The bottle lasts me months (the last bottle I purchased lasted more than nine months, but I don't wash my hair every day).
4. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - This winter has been especially rough on my hands and since I can't afford a manicure every week (uh, wouldn't that be great?), I've been using this cuticle cream to soften my cuticles a bit. It's worked wonders!
5. Oil of Olay Complete Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin - I have been using this moisturizer since I was 14 years old (so, nearly 14 years!). I cannot stress enough how important it is to use SPF in your daily moisturizer even if you won't be in direct sunlight. The health of my skin and become even more important to me as I get older. I notice women every day who I would peg for being much older than they actually are and am stunned when I hear their actual age - and most of that has to do with the health of their skin! This stuff has been my go-to and I love it dearly. It goes on smooth, lasts forever and dries quickly without leaving me feeling sticky.
6. Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid - Another hair product I can't live without. Like I said above, I have think, coarse, curly hair and this product helps me tame it. I use one pump of the serum, rub my hands together with it and apply to my blowdried and straightened hair. It gives my hair shine and helps it lay better.
7. Lancome Creme Radiance Cleanser - This has been my every day cleanser for years! I love this stuff and even though I've been using the Rodan + Fields cleanser, I still use this as my every day cleanser. I use it to remove my eye makeup especially. You only need to use a pea-size amount and it foams up great and removes every bit of makeup from my face.
What are your go to skincare and haircare products? I'd love to know some new ones to try out!